Saturday, June 7, 2008

Salazar brings the heat

I have come to find out that as much fun as playing sports is, it is perhaps more enjoyable to watch those close to you out on the field. Last night my 10 year old stepbrother Antonio took the mound in his team's first game of the playoffs (He's number five sitting in the dugout, though you can't make him out to well in the rest of the pictures because I took them with the camera from my phone).








It was really funny because he talked about how nervous he was before the game and I just remembered back to how fun it was being a kid and having an opportunity to step on the mound.





Now, I knew the kid could pitch pretty well, I had gone to practice with him earlier this week, but when he started throwing strikes by batter after batter, I was pretty blown away. He possesses some accuracy I was not so fortunate to have when I pitched, because while I could throw the ball pretty hard I don't think I ever went a game without beaning some unlucky young kid from the other team.

I was really impressed with the way he brought it. For such a small kid he is a fierce competitor and it was a joy to watch.

1 comment:

Double A said...

A couple things!

First and foremost, the cubs have the best rocord in baseball and its JUNE!!! Want to know the last time that happened. 1908! What happened in 1908?

secondly, Antonio looks studly there on that mound. That can't be too good for your moral/ego knowing that your 10 year old brother probably throws a ball harder than you do today! Ouch. That even makes me want to quit sports all together.


How's life in *cough* Mexico *cough*? I mean Sierra Vista?

And you'll be happy to know that I have been rooting for the d-backs hardcore this week. Mainly cause i feel so darn bad for em lately.