Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leaving home

The time has flown by and my stay at home has come to an end. Time to get back to school and work. This has been one of the best months I have ever had. I have learned so much about myself and what I want to do. I got so involved with a community the short time I was here covering Little League, that it made me realize that this is what it is all about.

Most aren't going to be professional but every kid has the chance to play the same games and dream like they will be one day, and that is the most rewarding thing I think a job at a community newspaper can bring.

I can't wait to start there. Eventually I will want to cover big sports and that excitement that comes with being in sold-out stadiums with screaming fans, but there is so much to be said for watching parents cheer on their kids, foul ball or home run.

I am going to miss you Sierra Vista. Monsoons, cool evenings, and summer ball games with the family. Life doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

No comments: